Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Life is crazy!

So it's been almost a year since I last posted something on my blog. At the persistence of friends and family I have decided to update everyone on what's been going on in my life. I am now attending BYU. Weird I know! I told myself I'd never go here but alas it has happened and I'm glad it did. I love Provo and all the people here! It's great. Walking around campus is an interesting experience everyday. But I love it!!! Classes are extremely intense and more difficult than anything I've ever had to endure. But I guess it's worth it.

Recently I have changed my major...if you are gasping out of pure shock...your reaction is understandable. It seems like I've always known what I've wanted to do and what my goals were in life but now that's changed. I can't afford to live on a dream, I have to acquire a degree and profession that will be marketable and worth something after I graduate. That is why I have decided to just minor in Theatre rather than major in it. My new major......are you ready?....Print Journalism! LOL I don't know why I find that funny but it came out of no where to me and was a bit of a shock. So next semester I will be taking my pre-requisites for the Communications Major and then I will emphasize in Print Journalism. I think I will also double minor in Editing. It's crazy how life throws you curve balls and you either have to plant your feet and swing and hope you don't foul or get out of the way because there is no pause button to stop that ball from heading your way. It's gonna happen and after a very difficult few months of not only dodging the ball, but getting hit by it, I've decided to swing! So this is me swinging away.

I thought I had learned so much going to EAC and that I was ready for the real world....NOT! These last six months have been a whirlwind of emotion and growth for me. First, living in Alaska for three months and then to move up to Provo right away was very difficult to me. I got homesick really easily and wished that I could rewind back to the good ole days in Joe Town where life was slow-paced and things made sense. But now I know that was a blessing. Now I can stand on my own feet. Sometimes you have to put yourself in difficult, new, and sometimes awkward situations to find out more about yourself. And boy have I learned a lot!

Anyways that's the reader's digest recap of the last few months of my life. Not too intriguing, but it's my life and swinging away :) I might strike out, but at least I tried.

5 comments:

wOrKy GuRl said...

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!! Thanks for updating :) I am glad to hear that you are loving it up there. You are awesome, and you will do great at BYU even if it IS hard. And as for your new major...I can so see you doing that. Well Holly, I have to get back to class but I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you! Swing batta batta batta batta swing!

Anonymous said...

yay!! I have been waiting for one of these :) I miss you girly and so does Ri I cant wait to see you at Thanksgiving in three more weeks!! Love ya tons turkey buns!!

Holly Ann said...

Hey thanks guys! I think I needed to do the writing thing again...haha being that my major is going to be writing lol :) Oh and Kera btw I forgot to tell you...I'm not coming home for thanksgiving...sad I know but I'm poor and won't be able to make it. But I will be coming home for Christmas! So I guess I'll have to wait to see two of my favorite girls then. Oh and Burlyse...you and Britt better come visit me during Christmas break if you can, cuz I don't know if I'll make to the valley during that short time. We'll see. Love ya guys!

TheBatts said...

WHAT??? you better make it to the valley in that short time or else!!

Holly Ann said...

What are you talking about Amy? Haha