Thursday, December 11, 2008

Driving, Dancing and the crazys of Safford

So I always feel like I'm starting to have good days and then a day like today happens! UGH

So today I got up early, went to wal-mart (where else right?), to get my tire patched and aired up cuz apparently it was low....as every guy told me this week that saw me....So I pull in, and everything goes hunky dory and they say that it'll take about an hour and I'm like...ok.....I can totally kill an hour at wal-mart (I mean who can't?).

Anyways an hour later, on the nose, they call my name and I go back to get my car....well apparently they couldn't fix it cuz there's two holes right next to each other...(what they can't put a bigger patch on it?!) So I'm pretty much screwed. They put the spare on for me and the guy asked me, "Do you have warranty where you got the tires?"(Imagine me mocking him in a deep manly voice) and I said yeah....in HOLBROOK, and he's like, "Well you won't want to drive it all the way to Holbrook on the spare." And I wanted to be like well no crap sherlock!! But alas I didn't (I use alas alot) I politely said ok thank you and left. So I don't know what I'm gonna do about that.

Then I went to the library where I almost finished my research paper before Dance Rehearsal (and yes I should be finishing that right now instead of doing this...but I don't care) After rehearsal...which was painful..I drove into Safford to go to the dance academy there to buy some tights for tomorrow's performance (cuz I'm made of money you know...not).

As I walk over there, there's this little girl standing there crying. So I give her a smile and say hi and begin to walk in and as I do, she says, "Nobody's here" (Imagine me saying this in a little girl voice). So I say but the door's unlocked. We walk in and sure enough no one's there. I was afraid to look around the studio further, for fear of having a Nancy Drew moment and find some body somewhere with this poor little girl and watch her be scarred for life. (I mean I think I could deal with that....I could just tell myself they're acting and the blood's fake and I'd be fine....but that little girl..) Plus I didn't want her to scream if by chance there was a body, cuz once again I have a pounding headache.

So after my dramatic mind stops playing murder mystery scenarios in my head, I realize....oh yeah they're at the college cuz they were showing up as I was leaving class. So I tell the little girl this, then I make her call her mother and we then waited for her mom to pick her up outside of the studio. I mean I couldn't leave her! She was only nine ( I know this cuz I asked)....but she only looked like she was four cuz she already had the skinny anorexic dancer body! I was so scared some creep-o was gonna steal her and kill her. My mother's paranoia..... definately have that!

So needless to say, of course as I wait with her all the creepy people in the Gila Valley drive by and I was so happy I was there to give them all my infamous death stare! ( yes this is the same one that I used on the stupid high school students who tried to cut me in line for Twilight...oh it works).

Her mother finally arrived after the longest ten minutes of my life and was very grateful I was there....so I'm not gonna lie I kinda feel like a hero..like now I deserve the key to the city or something...ok maybe not that grand....but a candy bar would be nice. All in all I guess it wasn't a bad day if you ignore all the crap with my car, the creepy people of Safford, me still not having any tights to buy...ok so maybe it was a crappy day!!! ugh.

1 comment:

wOrKy GuRl said...

So I did read this when you first wrote it, but I never commented on it, sorry! I am sorry you had such a crazy day that day! You are so dramatic though that I did have to laugh. I love you Holly! Thanks for everything! I MISS YOU!